Subscribe Contact Facebook Follow us on Twitter Pinterest Google+ bloglovin

Early to Bed, Early To Rise...

*Benjamin Franklin, Early To Bed, Early to Rise

I have issues.

See, my kids go to bed at 7:00 pm.

NO! That is NOT the issue.

The issue is that they get up between 5:00-6:00am EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I am NOT a morning person.

I thought for a few years that I would learn to be a morning person--that being forced to awaken bright and early day after day after day would sort of change my genetic make-up.

Well.

It has not.

I am STILL tired.

I *could* go to bed at 8:30 in order to get enough sleep, so as to bound out of bed like a little-mommy-ray-of-sunshine-even-though-it-is-still-dark-outside each and every morning.

But I won't.

See, I LIKE having a few hours to watch TV, check my email, eat whatever I want without being asked, "Mommy, what are you eating?" and to talk with my husband without small voices demanding the attention.

The fact is: I really really really like nighttime.

But staying up until 11:00 (which is our usual) makes me physically hurt come morning.

IT HURTS! My eyes hurt, my feet hurt (that is weird, I know) my neck hurts, my body HURTS!

I am trapped in a cycle of exhaustion spurred on by a 14 hour shift 365 days a year.

I NEED my nights. I feel as though I'm wasting time sleeping.

Sleeping is for pansies. Except...

Except when 5:00 am rolls around, and I am the biggest pansy there is.

Mornings are for the strong.

I am weak.

Oh so weak.

*Photo from Scrape TV


Morgan mothers by day and blogs by night. She doesn't sleep enough, but can be found musing at www.ingfamily.blogspot.com and www.thedietcokediet.com. 

 
Enjoy shopping for quality baby clothing at TradeTang.com

MMB

Facebook